The Makeshift Tripod Stand
A lot of things don’t surprise me. Trust me if you live in Akute, the confused border between Lagos and Abuja, you would not be surprised too.
Imagine how in awe I was when I came across a team of content creators, with an android phone and a wooden makeshift tripod stand. They were making a video of a young lady. The scene was so moving that I thought this:
“Start with what you have.”
Too bad, I didn’t take a picture.
Truth is, we all possess talents but many times, fear and doubts hold us back from utilizing this talent.
I still make mistakes in writing, but waiting till I am perfect in writing would have made me miss the years of opportunities writing has brought.
Okay, Stop, Akute Motivational Speaker.
Here are steps to start where you are:
- Be willing to be stupid. At Orange Academy, Content Writing course, we were asked to print the words, “BE STUPID’’. I did and I had it pasted on my room’ wall. It made me ask my peers and bosses questions even when they felt stupid.
- Do nothing: The best advice I got this week. Before starting your dreams and vision, do not jump into them. Take time out to rest on your dreams before you start.
- Get great teachers: My support team has been my teachers who have by far impacted me. Learn the basics, get people who are willing to teach you the basics and start. The more advanced you are, the more crucial your teachers become.
- Don’t wait till you have everything: One reason why the wooden tripod got my attention was the fact that many content creators on Instagram and LinkedIn always seem to have issues ranging from having too much to having too little.
- Be Consistent: Don’t be too hard on yourself as you stay focused on your schedule.
As you create, be strategic and know that each step would achieve your overall goal.